MEL - HBA
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to Hobart
Good to know
|July||Best time to beat the crowds (15% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (23% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$133||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Melbourne to Hobart
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $114 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to Hobart was found, on average, 65 days before departure.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is July.
- Morning departure is around 236% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- The battery on your phone on its last breath? There is no reason to worry – mobile charging points are available in various zones of Melbourne Airport, so you can bring your phone back to life before the flight from Melbourne to Hobart.
- People who have a sweet tooth and want to eat something before the flight from Melbourne to Hobart will find a number of options where they can drink a cup of coffee and enjoy a dessert. Krispy Kreme specialises in doughnuts in several different flavours. Muffin Break and Brunetti are alternatives where you can enjoy coffee with pastries.
- If you forgot to pack something before your flight to Melbourne to Hobart, it is possible that you will find it at one of the stores operating at Melbourne Airport. You can find various accessories useful for travel at Carry On and cosmetics at Amuse. There are also many clothes stores, including MaxMara and Burberry.
- Independent spirits who would like to explore Hobart and Tasmania should consider renting a car at Hobart Airport. There are seven car rental companies operating at the airport and you will find them in the arrivals zone. To check the prices and book a car before the flight from Melbourne to Hobart, refer to Hobart Airport’s website.
- Travellers flying business or first class with Qantas Airways have access to the Qantas Club Lounge at Hobart Airport, where they can have a more relaxing time until the flight. Guests receive complimentary drinks and magazines, as well as Wi-Fi connection and computer stations.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to Hobart flights
How long does a flight from Melbourne to Hobart take?
How many flights are there between Melbourne and Hobart?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Melbourne to Hobart?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Melbourne and Hobart?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Melbourne to Hobart?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Melbourne to Hobart?
What kind of facilities does Melbourne Airport offer?
How can I transfer to and from Hobart Airport?
Are there any restaurants at Hobart Airport?
Is there a hotel close to Hobart Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airlines flying Melbourne to Hobart
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to Hobart (return)
Melbourne - Hobart Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.