HBA - MEL
Find cheap flights from Hobart to Melbourne
Good to know
|August||Best time to beat the crowds (11% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (16% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$127||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Hobart to Melbourne
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $106 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Hobart to Melbourne was found, on average, 56 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is August.
- Melbourne is served by two main airports: Tullamarine Melbourne International Airport (MEL) and Avalon Airport (AVV). Better connections are available to Melbourne Airport, as there are more direct flights serving it from Hobart Airport (HBA).
- If your final destination is not Melbourne, but, for example, Geelong, it is worth considering booking your flight to Avalon Airport. The airport is situated further out of Melbourne and is only a 25min ride from Geelong away.
- Money-savvy travellers can book their flight from Hobart to Melbourne with the low-cost carrier Jetstar. The airline offers direct flights from Hobart to Melbourne Airport and one-stop flights to Avalon Airport.
- Avoid the hassle of airport parking and travel to Hobart Airport with the SkyBus from Hobart centre. The bus stops at various points in the city, for example Brooke Street Pier and Collins Street, and departs every 30min.
- If you want to park your car at Hobart Airport while you are in Melbourne, you can benefit from the long-term car park. Rates for 6–7 parking days lie at approximately A$ 110. Valet parking services are also available for your convenience.
- Smokers can go to one of the two designated smoking areas available at Hobart Airport. They are situated at the ends of the terminal building and provide litter bins for the butts. You can notice them by the smoking signs.
FAQs for booking Hobart to Melbourne flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Hobart to Melbourne due to COVID-19?
How long does a flight from Hobart to Melbourne take?
How many flights are there between Hobart and Melbourne?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Hobart to Melbourne?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Hobart and Melbourne?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Hobart to Melbourne?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Hobart to Melbourne?
What public transport is available from Melbourne Airport to Melbourne centre?
Can I find baby changing facilities at Melbourne Airport?
Where is the car hire centre located at Melbourne Airport?
Are there any lounges at Melbourne Airport?
Is Hobart Airport open 24h?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from Hobart to Melbourne?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from Hobart to Melbourne?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from Hobart to Melbourne?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from Hobart to Melbourne?
Top 3 airlines serving Hobart to Melbourne
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Hobart to Melbourne
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.