HBA - MEL
Find cheap flights from Hobart to Melbourne
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Hobart to Melbourne
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $132 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Hobart to Melbourne was found, on average, 53 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Melbourne is served by two main airports: Tullamarine Melbourne International Airport (MEL) and Avalon Airport (AVV). Better connections are available to Melbourne Airport, as there are more direct flights serving it from Hobart Airport (HBA).
- If your final destination is not Melbourne, but, for example, Geelong, it is worth considering booking your flight to Avalon Airport. The airport is situated further out of Melbourne and is only a 25min ride from Geelong away.
- Money-savvy travellers can book their flight from Hobart to Melbourne with the low-cost carrier Jetstar. The airline offers direct flights from Hobart to Melbourne Airport and one-stop flights to Avalon Airport.
- Avoid the hassle of airport parking and travel to Hobart Airport with the SkyBus from Hobart centre. The bus stops at various points in the city, for example Brooke Street Pier and Collins Street, and departs every 30min.
- If you want to park your car at Hobart Airport while you are in Melbourne, you can benefit from the long-term car park. Rates for 6–7 parking days lie at approximately A$ 110. Valet parking services are also available for your convenience.
- Smokers can go to one of the two designated smoking areas available at Hobart Airport. They are situated at the ends of the terminal building and provide litter bins for the butts. You can notice them by the smoking signs.
FAQs for booking Hobart to Melbourne flights
Book cheap flights from Hobart to Melbourne (return)
Pros: We arrived safely and on time.
Cons: The pricing seems low when purchasing the ticket, but we were charged $45/bag for our carryon bags that could easily have fit in the overhead bins (and on a separate flight with another airline that is what we did). Seems like a money grab to charge for the carryon if it weighs more than 7g or whatever small amount. Just take that cost into account when booking your flight.
Pros: When finally touching down in Auckland getting off the plane.
Cons: Check-in procedures and mandatory "wait outside of security until Jetstar customer service gets to their post in Sydney". The insanely uncomfortable seats with paper thin backs allowing for passengers behind to knee you in the kidney while trying to get comfortable themselves. I could go on for hours.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.