MEL - LHR
Find cheap flights from Melbourne to London Heathrow Airport
Book cheap flights from Melbourne to London Heathrow Airport (return)
Pros: Everything was as expected. .sevice, food and seating was good not cramped. .
Cons: The seats can be a tadd hard after 14 hours.entertainment is good enough although film and other programs could be better served if if the content was more popular ..
Pros: Dreamliner appears to have more room, the seats recline to a greater angle, and it is not cold like a lot of other planes. Cabin crew were friendly, helpful and attentive. The break up of flight legs between Australia and U.K. into 3 legs of 7 or 8 hrs is a great alternative to the 1x9hr & 1x12hr.
Cons: The entertainment system functionality is great, but choice was a bit poor, although numerous. Food generally quite good, only one meal I was disappointed with.
Pros: Crew were ok
Cons: Delayed Not enough blanket Seat angle too upright, not comfortable
Pros: We were in transit and I checking-in was orderly. Grateful for friendly crew.
Cons: Not much legroom but understandably as the plane was smaller. No entertainment unit. Very hot, didn't know if the air conditioning was on at all. Didn't like the hot meal much.
Pros: All was good service, seating comfort and food..
Cons: Entertainment content can be more popular in terms of film and television programs
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Melbourne to London Heathrow
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $1,125 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Melbourne to London Heathrow Airport was found, on average, 85 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 41% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- Flights from Melbourne to London Heathrow Airport (LHR) are available from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport (MEL) and Avalon Airport Melbourne (AVV), but for connections with less than two stopovers, you should book your flight with Tullamarine Airport as the origin.
- Qantas Airways is the only airline offering direct flights from Melbourne to London Heathrow. If you are willing to pay a little more, you can enjoy this direct connection to save time and energy.
- Regardless of whether you come from the Geelong area or Melbourne centre, with the SkyBus Express City buses you can conveniently travel to Melbourne Tullamarine and Avalon Airport without the hassle of parking. Tickets for the bus cost approximately A$ 20–25 per person.
- Lay down your head after the long flight from Melbourne to London Heathrow, book in at one of the many airport hotels in London. In Terminal 3, you find the Aerotel in the Arrivals Area, and for a little more luxury you can stay at the Hilton at Terminal 4 or the Sofitel at Terminal 5.
- The Plaza Premium Lounge inside the International Terminal of Melbourne Tullamarine Airport allows departing passengers of all flight classes to enter. Here you can enjoy a fine-dining restaurant, bar, work areas, and also family-friendly activities.
- With the T2 Luxury experience at Melbourne Tullamarine, you can spend the time before your flight by shopping tax free at brands like Armani, Furla, and Hugo Boss. And the best thing is you can leave your purchases at the airport and pick them up upon returning.
FAQs for booking Melbourne to London Heathrow Airport flights
Melbourne - London Heathrow Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.