SYD - PER
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Perth
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (15% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (23% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$352||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to Perth
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $313 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Perth was found, on average, 83 days before departure.
- Book at least 6 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 7% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- There are daily flights from Sydney to Perth that are operated by four main domestic airlines – Qantas, Virgin Australia, and the low-cost airlines Tiger Airways Australia and Jetstar. Qantas flies from Sydney into T4 at Perth Airport, Jetstar lands at T3, Tiger Airways at T2 and Virgin Australia lands at T1, so your choice of airline might well depend on whether you have connecting flights or not.
- For travellers on Qantas flights from Sydney to Perth who want to have something to eat before boarding, there are a number of restaurants and coffee shops in T3 at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. From the various coffee shops, like Gloria Jeans and Hudsons Coffee to restaurants such as Hungry Jacks and Sumo Salad – there is bound to be something to satisfy your hunger.
- If you are travelling to Perth to explore Western Australia, one of the best ways is to travel under your own steam. Look no further than the car hire companies that have desks in the baggage claim areas of each terminal at Perth Airport. Book your car ahead of travel and collect the keys when you arrive. Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty are among the car hire companies with offices at Perth Airport.
- Travellers with babies on flights from Sydney to Perth will be relieved to know that every terminal at Perth Airport is equipped with parenting rooms that give parents necessary access to baby change facilities. These areas have nappy changing tables and feeding chairs where, upon arrival, you can take care of your baby in peace and quiet away from the airport.
- If you have a short time in Perth to explore the city and you would like to do so without carrying your luggage, there are baggage storage facilities in all terminals at Perth Airport. The costs are dependent on the size of the locker you require and range between AUD12 per 24 hours for the smallest to AUD16 per 24 hours for the largest locker size.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Perth flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to Perth take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Perth?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Perth?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Perth?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to Perth?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Sydney to Perth?
Are there smoking areas at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport?
Is there free Wi-Fi at both Sydney Kingsford Smith and Perth Airport?
How do I transfer between terminals at Perth Airport?
How do I get from Perth Airport into the city centre?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Perth
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Perth (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Perth (one-way)
Sydney - Perth Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.