Find cheap flights to Papeete
Book Cheap Flights to Papeete(Return)
Cons: This flight was purchased as business/first class and upon checking economy seat tickets were printed. We are NOT happy with the downgrade after American Airlines was more than happy to take our money for the higher class ticket. We would not have booked this flight as a red eye had we known we would have had economy seating. On top of which, the unseat entertainment for the row we were seated in was not working. I am usually quite happy with the American Airlines flights between Boston and LA, however this unexpected downgrade was not only surprising but extremely disappointing.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Papeete
- Looking for cheap airfare to Papeete? 25% of our users found return tickets to Papeete for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,451
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be February, March and April. The cheapest month to fly to Papeete is March.
- Papeete is served by various airlines departing from many Australian cities, and while there are no direct flights, some airlines offer connections with only one stopover. Qantas Airways, for example, flies from Sydney, and New Zealand Air from Melbourne.
- While Papeete is the main destination served by Papeete Faaa Airport (PPT), other coastal regions are easily accessible through the Avenue du Prince Hinoi going alongside the coast. Other destinations you can reach by going on this avenue include Mahina, Papeno, and Mahaena.
- If you opt for going to Papeete by car from the airport, the quickest way is via Boulevard de la Reine Pomare IV. Following this road, you will be at the city centre in about 20min.
- The airport’s rental car centre is part of the Domestic Terminal complex and features a choice of international brands like Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. To make sure you get one of the limited number of cars, it is advised to pre-book with your chosen provider.
- Though not a very large airport, there are plenty of eateries at your disposal when you arrive in Papeete airport. Situated in the Domestic Terminal in the public area (before you go through security and passport control), travellers can choose from international fast food chains and the Atrium lounge cafés and restaurants.
- A Polynesian welcome greets you upon arrival at Papeete Airport. It is custom to provide arriving travellers with the traditional flower necklaces, which are handed out in the main terminal building.
FAQs - booking Papeete flights
How long is the flight to Papeete?
What is the cheapest flight to Papeete?
The cheapest airline ticket to Papeete from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,272 return on the route Sydney to Papeete. The most popular route is Sydney to Papeete and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $4,268 return.
How far is Papeete airport from central Papeete?
Papeete Airport is 5 kilometres from the centre of Papeete. View on map.
What is the name of Papeete’s airport?
Papeete is served by Papeete Faaa Airport, also commonly referred to as Fa'a'ā Intl, Faaa, Papeete, Tahiti, or simply Papeete Airport. The airport code is PPT.
What is the best public means of transport from Papeete Airport (PPT) to Papeete?
Public bus services are not available, but there are plenty of shuttle buses operating between Papeete Airport and many hotels. Alternatively, you can also benefit from a taxi queue outside the terminal building. Note that fares are not metered or standardised, so it is important to determine the rate beforehand.
Are there any airport hotels close to Papeete Airport?
Two hotel options are very close-by if you arrive late, depart early or are continuing your journey within the next day. Across the street from the airport building, travellers find the Tahiti Airport Hotel, and the InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa is only 5min away.
Does Papeete Airport feature any lounges?
There is one pay-per-use lounge travellers can benefit from. It is located in Terminal 1 in the International Departures area and allows use by passengers of all classes. Passes cost about ₣ 3.440 (A$ 47).
How far are the Faarumai Waterfalls from Papeete Airport?
The beautiful phenomenon can be easily reached by the coastal road Avenue du Prince Hinoi. It takes about 45min by car to get to the waterfalls; at the Arahoho Blowhole, travellers should turn right to reach the destination.
Are there long-term car parks at Papeete Airport?
Papeete Airport (PPT) features various car parks for short- and long-term parking. P1 is their parking express service, ideal for pick ups or drop offs. For long-term parking, they have P2 with rates of approximately ₣ 8.000 (A$ 110) for 30h.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to Papeete
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.