Find cheap flights to Papeete
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (2% less expensive on average)|
|January||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$844||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Papeete
- Looking for cheap airfare to Papeete? 25% of our users found return tickets to Papeete for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $575, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $762, from Melbourne $814
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Papeete is March.
- Papeete is served by various airlines departing from many Australian cities, and while there are no direct flights, some airlines offer connections with only one stopover. Qantas Airways, for example, flies from Sydney, and New Zealand Air from Melbourne.
- While Papeete is the main destination served by Papeete Faaa Airport (PPT), other coastal regions are easily accessible through the Avenue du Prince Hinoi going alongside the coast. Other destinations you can reach by going on this avenue include Mahina, Papeno, and Mahaena.
- If you opt for going to Papeete by car from the airport, the quickest way is via Boulevard de la Reine Pomare IV. Following this road, you will be at the city centre in about 20min.
- The airport’s rental car centre is part of the Domestic Terminal complex and features a choice of international brands like Avis, Europcar, and Hertz. To make sure you get one of the limited number of cars, it is advised to pre-book with your chosen provider.
- Though not a very large airport, there are plenty of eateries at your disposal when you arrive in Papeete airport. Situated in the Domestic Terminal in the public area (before you go through security and passport control), travellers can choose from international fast food chains and the Atrium lounge cafés and restaurants.
- A Polynesian welcome greets you upon arrival at Papeete Airport. It is custom to provide arriving travellers with the traditional flower necklaces, which are handed out in the main terminal building.
FAQs - booking Papeete flights
What is the cheapest flight to Papeete?
How far is Papeete airport from central Papeete?
What is the name of Papeete’s airport?
What is the best public means of transport from Papeete Airport (PPT) to Papeete?
Are there any airport hotels close to Papeete Airport?
Does Papeete Airport feature any lounges?
How far are the Faarumai Waterfalls from Papeete Airport?
Are there long-term car parks at Papeete Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Papeete Faaa
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Papeete (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Papeete (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Papeete
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.