Find cheap flights to Spain
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (9% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,045||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Spain
- Looking for cheap airfare to Spain? 25% of our users found return tickets to Spain for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $1,161, from Brisbane $1,332, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,347
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Spain is November.
- There are numerous major cities located in Spain, which is why you would generally require more flights to travel within the region. Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD) is the main airport in Spain and the busiest hub in the region. This airport is the second largest international airport in Europe and you will be able to use it as a convenient base to travel to and from your desired points of interest on your itinerary.
- If you are planning on visiting more than one city in Spain during your stay, you will be able to fly around the region from airports located here. It would be best to fly to Madrid as this airport is well-connected to numerous points of interest in the region, such as the Royal Palace of Madrid (21.7 km away); when travelling by road from the airport to this budding tourist attraction, you can expect a travel time of roughly 25min.
- If you are travelling to Spain to visit Valencia, you should arrive at Valencia Airport (VLC). The distance from the airport to the city centre is 10 km. Valencia showcases numerous incredible tourist attractions, which include the La Lonja de la Seda.
- There are no direct flights from Australia to Spain. It is, however, possible to find flights with only one stop from Sydney to Madrid with Emirates, Virgin Australia and Qatar Airways.
- When visiting Spain for tourism reasons, you will not require a visa. However, your stay will be limited to 90 days. Australian citizens will need a passport that is valid for 6 months from the date of departure. If your stay exceeds 90 days (3 months), you will need to apply for a visa from the local authorities in Spain. The ETIAS requirements for Australian travellers will be mandatory from 2021 and onwards.
FAQs - booking Spain flights
How long is the flight to Spain?
What is the cheapest flight to Spain?
What are the most popular destinations in Spain?
Which Spanish airport is closest to the La Sagrada Familia?
I’m travelling to Spain to visit Barcelona. Where should I fly to?
Where should I fly to in Seville?
If I want to enjoy the beach, where should I fly to in Spain?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Spain
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Spain (Return)
Book cheap flights to Spain (One-way)
Flights to Spain
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.