Find cheap flights to Madrid
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (12% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,041||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Madrid
- Looking for cheap airfare to Madrid? 25% of our users found return tickets to Madrid for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,203, from Brisbane $1,203, from Melbourne $1,295
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Madrid is February.
- When booking your flight to Madrid, the airport you will fly into is Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport, one of the biggest international airports in Spain. There are a number of major airlines that can fly you from Australia to Madrid direct from various cities, including Emirates, Qantas and Qatar Airways.
- Madrid Barajas Airport is large, and to help you get around there is a free shuttle bus service that stops outside Terminals 1, 2 and 4. The bus runs 24 hours a day, with services every five minutes during peak traffic, or every 20 minutes in quieter hours. Otherwise, if you’re looking to stretch your legs, it will take you about ten minutes to walk between terminals.
- If you’ll have a long overnight transit at the airport, you will find the Air Rooms on Level 1 of Terminal 4, which can be hired in three- or six-hour blocks. These short-stay rooms have single or double beds with private bathrooms and showers to freshen up, a TV, wake-up service and air conditioning to help make your stay more comfortable.
- The currency in Madrid is, of course, the euro. You can purchase euros at the Exact Exchange or Global Exchange counters located across the airport. If you’d prefer to withdraw cash directly, there are also ATMs in every terminal. For business or other transactions there is a bank located in Terminal 4, near the check-in counters.
- Once you’re ready to leave the airport, you can book an airport shuttle service to take you to your final destination. Whether you are travelling alone or with a large group of people, you can book private cars, shared mini-vans or private buses online through the airport website.
FAQs - booking Madrid flights
What is the cheapest flight to Madrid?
How far is Madrid airport from central Madrid?
What is the name of Madrid’s airport?
Are there any lounges at Madrid Barajas Airport?
How do I get from Madrid Airport into the city centre?
Which hotels are located near the airport?
What are my dining options at Madrid Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Madrid Barajas
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Madrid (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Madrid (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to Madrid
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.