SYD - BNK
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Ballina
Good to know
|June||Best time to beat the crowds (18% less expensive on average)|
|April||Most popular time to fly (22% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$159||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to Ballina
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $131 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Ballina was found, on average, 89 days before departure.
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be March, April and May. The cheapest month to fly is June.
- Morning departure is around 42% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- The time to travel from Sydney city centre to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) is roughly 15min. The best way to travel from the city centre to the airport is via train, as you will reach your destination in approximately 13min and it will cost you about A$ 17, while travelling by taxi will cost you around A$ 45.
- Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport provides travellers with childcare facilities and several child-friendly services. You can find childcare rooms throughout the airport as well as a children’s cinema that can be found in Terminal 1 near Gate 33 of the airport.
- In Terminal 1 of Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, you will be able to find numerous renowned restaurant choices, which include Mach2 and Taste of Thai.
- Ballina Byron Airport (BNK) is a regional airport that is located in Ballina, Australia. The airport is located just 6.1 km from Ballina city centre. You can travel from the airport to the city centre by taxi at a cost of roughly A$ 4. As the trip is only 5min, it may be best to take a taxi if you are heading to the city centre. However, there are bus and train services available if you are travelling a further distance.
- There are no hotels onsite at Ballina Byron Airport, although, Ramada Hotel & Suites, Ballina Byron Gateway Airport, and Ballina Byron Islander Resort are all located within 5 km of the airport. You can reach nearby hotels with hotel shuttle services.
- If you are a traveller with reduced mobility, you will need to contact the Ballina Byron Airport in advance to arrange special services, such as wheelchair rental, as the airport does accommodate disabled travellers with prior arrangements.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Ballina flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to Ballina take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Ballina?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Ballina?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Ballina?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to Ballina?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Sydney to Ballina?
Where can I find restaurants at Ballina Bay Airport?
Can I fly direct from Sydney Kingsford Smith to Ballina Byron?
How can I access wheelchair services at Sydney Kingsford Smith?
How can I access airport lounges at Ballina Byron Airport?
Where can I find additional information regarding my flight?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Ballina Byron
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Ballina (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Ballina (one-way)
Sydney - Ballina Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.