SYD - HBA
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Hobart
Good to know
|July||Best time to beat the crowds (14% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (25% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$212||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to Hobart
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $209 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Hobart was found, on average, 70 days before departure.
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is July.
- Morning departure is around 41% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- Getting hunger pangs ahead of your flight from Sydney to Hobart? If you like Italian food, stop by Bar Roma or Viaggio Express + Bar at the Sydney Airport. On the other hand, if you prefer burgers, go to Chicken Confidential, Hungry Jack’s or Chur Burger. There are also some eateries serving Asian dishes, for example Taste of Thai or Sushia.
- Those who booked first class tickets with Qantas Airways for the flight from Sydney to Hobart can wait in the comfort of the Qantas Club Lounge at Sydney Airport. The Lounge features a Family zone, shower facilities and workstations with computers available for use. People who do not have an automatic pass to enter the lounge can access it by paying at the door.
- Want to surf the internet or check your mail while waiting for the flight from Sydney to Hobart? Wi-Fi is offered free of charge and for an unlimited time at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport. If you do not have your own device to connect to the internet, you can use the computers available at the internet kiosks. Additionally, you can charge your devices at the charging stations located throughout the airport.
- Parents travelling from Sydney to Hobart with infants can rest assured that they will find some basic baby changing facilities at Hobart Airport. When it comes to bigger kids, it is better to bring something to occupy them with.
- If you need to buy something at the last minute while at Hobart Airport, you should be able to find some essentials, though there are not many shopping options at the airport. For books, magazines, cosmetics, travel accessories and convenience products, head to Runway News. If you want to buy gifts for your family and friends, you will find them at Australian Way.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Hobart flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to Hobart take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Hobart?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Hobart?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Hobart?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to Hobart?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Sydney to Hobart?
What are the transportation options to and from the Hobart Airport?
Does Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport provide amenities for people with disabilities?
Is there a hotel close to Hobart Airport?
Are there car rentals at Hobart Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Hobart
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Hobart (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Hobart (one-way)
Sydney - Hobart Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.