SYD - LAX
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Los Angeles
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (19% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (30% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$794||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to Los Angeles
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $978 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Los Angeles was found, on average, 64 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is February.
- Morning departure is around 20% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- There are several airlines that offer flights from Sydney to Los Angeles, but only a few of them offer direct flights to LAX International Airport (LAX) from Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport (Sydney Airport). Among those offering non-stop service to Los Angeles from Sydney are Qantas and Virgin Australia.
- If you’re thinking about parking your car at Sydney Airport, there are facilities at both the domestic and international terminals. P1 and P2 will leave you a short walk away from the domestic terminal, while parking at the Blu Emu lot will require a shuttle ride to the terminal and the P7 lot is about five minutes’ walking from the International terminal.
- Need to buy some American dollars before your flight from Sydney to Los Angeles? There are several ATMs around Sydney Airport that you can use and an office of ANZ Bank on level 2 of the International terminal, while Global Exchange has several currency exchange kiosks on level 1 and level 2 of the International terminal.
- Is one of your party a person with reduced mobility? If so, you should make sure to notify your travel agent or airline to ensure that the staff at both departure and arrival airports can provide any necessary mobile assistance devices, such as wheelchairs or motorised transport.
- If you have an early morning flight, it might be a good idea to spend the night at one of the hotels close to Sydney Airport and save travel time in the early hours. Ibis Hotel Sydney Airport and Mantra Hotel at Sydney Airport are a couple of hotels near the airport that offer customers a free airport shuttle service, while Rydges Hotel Sydney Airport is located just across the street.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Los Angeles flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to Los Angeles take?
How many flights are there between Sydney and Los Angeles?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Los Angeles?
Which airlines fly most frequently between Sydney and Los Angeles?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to Los Angeles?
Which airports will I be using when flying from Sydney to Los Angeles?
How do I get downtown from LAX Airport?
Are there places to relax at LAX Airport?
Are there any pet relief facilities at LAX Airport?
What dining facilities are there at LAX Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Los Angeles
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Los Angeles (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Los Angeles (one-way)
Sydney - Los Angeles Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.