Find cheap flights to France
Book cheap flights to France(Return)
Pros: The crew was very polite and very helpful. Boarding process was smooth and easy, however, the Singapore airport has security checks at every gate prior to boarding. This meant that after clearing this security process at the gate, bathrooms were not available until after boarding the flight and drinking water stations were not easily found in the secure boarding area. The aircraft was comfortable, menus were distributed early so that meal options could be made with full information in advance. The food was good and made available at routine intervals.
Cons: On a 14 hour flight, staying well hydrated is very critical and difficult. It would have been nice for the crew to make more frequent trips through the cabin to offer just water refills to keep passengers hydrated and reduce plastic cup usage.
Pros: The boarding process was easy and straightforward, the seats were comfortable and had individual entertainment screens, the crew was very polite and helpful. For meals, everyone was given a printed menu at the start of the flight so that meal options could be easily made.
Cons: My only complaint is that I would have liked to see more frequent offers for water refills during the flight, since water cups are so small and staying well hydrated on flights is difficult but essential.
Pros: The seat 21A was absolutely horrid inducing claustrophobia due to limited space all around on a full flight long delayed on ground after taxiing for departure.
Cons: Etihad needs to be more sensitive of passenger comfort and avoid being so stingy with economy class seats (21A)
Pros: Crew was very attentive, and boarding and off-boarding was relatively easy
Cons: The seats were cramped, and hard to get out of when the person in front had their seat tilted back, it felt practically in your lap when you were seated.
Latest France Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to France
- Looking for cheap airfare to France? 25% of our users found return tickets to France for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,135, from Melbourne $1,413, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,450
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June and July. The cheapest month to fly to France is March.
- France has several cities and numerous international airports. The main hubs for flights in the country include Paris, Nice, Lyon, Marseille, and Bordeaux. You will be able to travel within the region to varying cities by flight. Travelling via additional flights will be the fastest way to travel between cities in France.
- You should consider the various travel hubs that are conveniently located to provide you with the best connections to desired attractions on your itinerary. The Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG) and the Orly International Airport (ORY) are two of the most popular destinations of choice.
- When landing at the Orly International Airport or the Charles de Gaulle International Airport, you will be able to find accommodation onsite and nearby as both airports cater well to the needs of travellers.
- If you are headed to France to experience the beauty of its capital city, Paris, it would be best to fly to Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG) as this airport is situated within close proximity to various attractions and amenities including accommodation. You will be able to use the airport as a base to travel to and from your desired location.
- The Paris Charles de Gaulle International Airport (CDG) is the main and most popular hub in France. When travelling from the airport to Paris Disneyland you can expect to travel 43 km; this airport is the closest hub to Paris Disneyland. The airport is located just 30 km from the city centre and 26 km from the iconic Eiffel Tower.
- Australian citizens will not require a visa in order to gain access into France, although, your visit will be restricted to less than 90 days. If you are visiting France for reasons that are not specifically tourism related, you will need to obtain a valid visa prior to your departure. A Schengen visa is vital for travellers hoping to stay in the region for more than 3 months at a time.
FAQs - booking France flights
How long is the flight to France?
The average direct flight from Australia to France takes 36h 40m, covering a distance of 16250 km. The most popular route is Melbourne - Paris with an average flight time of 35h 15m.
What is the cheapest flight to France?
The cheapest ticket to France from Australia found in the last 72 hours was $1,074. The most popular route is Melbourne to Paris and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,133.
What are the most popular destinations in France?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Paris (66% of total searches to France). The next most popular destinations are Nice (12%) and Toulouse (11%). Searches for flights to Lyon (3%), Bordeaux (2%) and Montpellier (2%) are also popular.
I’m travelling to France to visit Nice. Where should I fly to?
Nice is a budding tourist destination with incredible architecture. The Cote D’Azur Airport (NCE) is the international airport in Nice. The Cote D’Azur Airport is situated 23 km from the Castle of Nice and just 7.6 km from Nice city centre. Booking a flight to this airport will give you the best access to the popular destination, and the airport is also conveniently close to essential amenities such as accommodation.
Where should I fly to in Toulouse?
The Toulouse-Blagnac International Airport (TLS) is the main hub located in the city of Toulouse. This airport is situated near the city centre and a travel distance of 9 km can be expected when travelling by road; you can also travel via tram or shuttle bus. Depending on the traffic conditions, travelling to the city centre can take up to 30min.
Are there direct flights to France?
There are some direct flights available from major airports in Australia to France. direct flights will reduce travel time by as much as 5h, although these flights will cost significantly more. You will be able to find direct flights from Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, and Melbourne international airports with major Australian airlines.
Which French airport is closest to the Palace of Versailles?
If you are heading to France to visit the royal residence, the Paris Orly International Airport (ORY) is closest to the lavish Palace of Versailles. The attraction is located 26.6 km from the international airport when travelling via road.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to France
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.