SYD - HND
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Haneda
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Haneda (return)
Pros: The jumbo-ness of the craft. I felt kind of like being on a cruise ship - which is good! The attendants were terrific.
Cons: Overhead light kind of spilled over to my neighbor's seat (me being in the outer aisle chair) even after being adjusted as much out as possible. Not a problem if my neighbor had one of those sleep masks...
Pros: They charged me so much for extra luggage even I prepaid online for extra luggage prior to getting to airport. Yet the ticket counter lady made me pay an additional fee and all together I ended paying more for extra bags fee than the ticket itself! both Virgin and JetStar are VERY stingy on extra luggage fees. I came from the US to Australia and traveled domestically while there with all the luggage that I brought from the US. So I had to pay so much in fees when my trip was already so expensive! It makes me reconsider wanting to travel again anywhere anytime soon, so discouraging! Also they make me take stuff out of my big suitcase and transfer to my carry on, in front of everyone at the ticket counter I had to open my suitcase and transfer some stuff so the weight is under a certain weight. Still they charged me for extra luggage. I came international on Qantas from USA to Australia, so all the domestic locations I went to I was charged
Pros: Always great crew but the 737-800 is too cramped for east-west flights and hardly any leg room.
Cons: Larger less cramped jet. Toilets at rear and everytime someone tried to move around a guy standing in aisle next to me talking to another passenger i got hit. After about the 3rd time i almost landed in the back of the seat infront of me. I had words and he moved. Couldnt put seat back as not enough room. Got off jet with neck cramped...got on jet via rear door after walk and wait about 10 minutes on hot tarnac with sun belting into back of the unfortunate rear seaters...hostess apologised but i felt sorry for any older/ sick people. We were cooking on a hot plate like prawns !!!
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Sydney to Tokyo Haneda
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $744 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Tokyo Haneda was found, on average, 63 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 3% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- When travelling to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD), the cheapest method is to travel by train; a trip from the city centre to the airport will cost roughly A$ 17 and it will take about 13min. Alternatively, travelling by taxi will cost a minimum of A$ 45 and your arrival time will depend on traffic.
- There are numerous childcare rooms in Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport that can be found near most bathroom facilities. You will be able to find nappy changing stations within the childcare rooms as well as an area to feed infants.
- Just a few of the renowned eateries that can be found in Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport include Mach2, Taste of Thai, and Toby’s Estate. Most of the restaurants in the airport are located in Terminal 1.
- Travelling from Tokyo Haneda Airport (HND) to the city centre is best by train as it will cost you about ¥ 300 (A$ 4) and the trip will take about 5 min. However, when travelling by train you will have to transfer twice to reach the city centre. Travelling by taxi will cost roughly ¥ 5.600 (A$ 75) as the most expensive method of travelling to the city centre; however, you will reach the city centre in roughly 30min.
- The Royal Park Hotel, First Cabin, Relief Premium, and Hotel JAL City are all hotels located within 4 km of Tokyo Haneda Airport. You can reach these hotels with the use of hotel shuttle services.
- If you are a traveller with reduced mobility, it is best to contact the Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport prior to arriving. The airport does provide special services such as wheelchair services and staff will assist you within the Departures area of the airport.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Tokyo Haneda flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.