Find cheap flights to Chengdu
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (6% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$635||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Chengdu
- Looking for cheap airfare to Chengdu? 25% of our users found return tickets to Chengdu for the following prices or less: From Hobart $490, from Melbourne $530, from Canberra $888
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Chengdu is March.
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (CTU) is the main airport serving Chengdu, which is the capital city of the Sichuan province in China.
- CTU Airport is located about 16 km southwest of Chengdu city centre, and is a hub for Air China, Chengdu Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Lucky Air, Shenzhen Airlines, and Tibet Airlines .
- The airport has two passenger terminals. Terminal 1 serves mostly international flights while Terminal 2 handles mostly domestic flights. An inter-terminal shuttle service runs frequently between the terminals.
- From Australia, passengers can fly direct to Chengdu Airport from cities like Melbourne and Sydney. Direct connections are also available from Auckland, Los Angeles, New York, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Moscow, and Paris, amongst others.
- There is a First Class Lounge in both terminals for passengers with membership programs or First/Business Class tickets.
- Most bathrooms at the airport and in China feature squat toilets, but Western toilets are available in some bathrooms for those willing to search for them. The First Class Lounge provides travellers with the option of Western toilets.
FAQs - booking Chengdu flights
How far is Chengdu airport from central Chengdu?
What is the name of Chengdu’s airport?
What bus do I take to travel downtown?
Is there a train from the airport?
Should I take a taxi in Chengdu?
What hotels are near the airport?
Do I need a visa to visit Chengdu?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Chengdu?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Chengdu?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Chengdu?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Chengdu?
Top 3 airlines flying to Chengdu
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Chengdu
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.