Find cheap flights to Guangzhou
Book Cheap Flights to Guangzhou(Return)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Guangzhou
- Looking for cheap airfare to Guangzhou? 25% of our users found return tickets to Guangzhou for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $439, from Melbourne $914
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Guangzhou is March.
- Direct flights to Guangzhou from Australia depart from the cities of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. The main airlines to operate these flights are China Southern Airlines, which has its hub in T2 at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, or Qantas with flights operated by China Southern Airlines.
- Smokers on board flights to Guangzhou who need to have a cigarette after landing will be happy to know that there are smoking rooms located throughout both the international and domestic terminals at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. In addition to these rooms there are sky gardens in T2 – in both the international and domestic areas – where smokers can relax in peace.
- First and business class passengers flying on China Southern Airlines and wishing to relax in peace and quiet after flights to Guangzhou can check in to the Sky Pearl VIP Lounge in the international area of the terminal. This lounge is equipped with a canteen-style restaurant and a buffet area and bar. There are baby care facilities and a play area for children, as well as free Internet access. You will also find shower and rest facilities in the lounge.
- For travellers who need to deal with some business affairs, there are business centres in both terminals that provide printing (both colour and black and white), photocopying and faxing facilities. Here you can also buy phone cards. These centres are behind check-in area Q in T2 and at Gate 3 in T1.
- If you want to be independent of public transport, there are several reputable car hire companies located in the airport. The counters are in the arrivals hall and you will find companies here such as Avis, Hertz and Sixt. It might be an idea to look into hiring a car and driver, which will be less stressful and allow you to look at the scenery as somebody else navigates through the traffic.
FAQs - booking Guangzhou flights
How long is the flight to Guangzhou?
What is the cheapest flight to Guangzhou?
The cheapest airline ticket to Guangzhou from Australia in the last 72 hours was $655 return on the route Adelaide to Guangzhou. The most popular route is Melbourne to Guangzhou and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $764 return.
Which airlines fly to Guangzhou?
In general from Australia, Air France, Qantas Airways and China Southern fly the most to Guangzhou. The most popular route is from Melbourne, and KLM, Air France & Qantas Airways fly this route the most.
How far is Guangzhou airport from central Guangzhou?
Guangzhou Airport is 30 kilometres from the centre of Guangzhou. View on map.
What is the name of Guangzhou’s airport?
Guangzhou is served by Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, also commonly referred to as Baiyun, Guangzhou Baiyun Intl, or simply Guangzhou Airport. The airport code is CAN.
Does Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport have free Wi-Fi access?
The airport has unlimited free Wi-Fi across the terminal buildings. Once connected to the network, you can log in with a number-generating machine (this is necessary if you require Wi-Fi for an overseas device) or a mobile phone message (if you have a local Chinese mobile number).
What is the easiest way from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport into the city?
The most convenient way to get from the airport into the city centre is to use the metro. Metro Line 3 has been extended and there are now two stations at the airport: Airport South station at T1 and Airport North station at T2. You can buy a ticket from the self-service ticket machines at the airport.
Is there an on-site hotel at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport?
The Pullman Baiyun Airport is situated opposite Gate 12 in the T1 departures hall of the airport and is a three-minute drive from T2. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus to and from the airport, and is also just 640 metres from the Airport South subway station.
Is there a transfer shuttle between terminals at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport?
There are two ways of transferring between terminals at the airport. You can use the metro (for free) between Airport South and Airport North stations. Alternatively there is a complimentary shuttle bus that runs 24 hours a day at five- to fifteen-minute intervals. The T1 pick-up point is at Gate 11; in T2 it is at Gate 42.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.