Find cheap flights to Sao Paulo
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (19% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,280||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sao Paulo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sao Paulo? 25% of our users found return tickets to Sao Paulo for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,208, from Melbourne $1,232, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,257
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Sao Paulo is August.
- When booking your flights to São Paulo, you can choose to fly into one of three airports near the city. Congonhas Airport is the closest to the city centre but also the smallest. The major airport is Guarulhos André Franco Montoro International Airport (also known as GRU), while Viracopos Airport is located in nearby Compinas, about an hour outside of São Paulo.
- Because of the size of Guarulhos Intl Airport, there is a system of shuttle buses to help transport you between the three terminals. It takes about seven minutes to get from one terminal to the next using the bus; otherwise you can take the chance to stretch your legs and walk the 10-15 minutes between each terminal.
- All the airports are connected to São Paulo’s public transport system, making the city easily accessible. To travel from Guarulhos Intl Airport you can catch a train – the 13-Jade line will take you to the Engenheiro Gourlat station, where you can transfer to a train into central São Paulo. For those travelling from Congonhas Airport there is no direct train, but you can catch the 675l bus service to São Judas station and then hop on the Blue line into downtown.
- If you are looking for accommodation options in São Paulo that are convenient to the airport, the Ramada Hotel is next door to Viracopos Airport and within walking distance of the terminal. For those flying into Guarulhos Intl Airport, you could stay at the luxurious 5-star Pullmans Hotel located just off the airport site.
- For those with a layover in São Paulo who are looking for a spot to relax before their next flight, there are a number of executive passenger lounges in Guarulhos Intl Airport. You can pay at the door to enter both the Executive and First Class Lounge in Terminal 3 and Villa GRU in Terminal 2.
FAQs - booking Sao Paulo flights
What is the cheapest flight to Sao Paulo?
Which Sao Paulo airport is closest to central Sao Paulo?
What dining options are there at Guarulhos Intl Airport?
Are there any gift shops at the São Paulo airports?
Are there any massage or spa services at São Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport?
Are there any prayer rooms at São Paulo Guarulhos Intl Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Sao Paulo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Sao Paulo (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Sao Paulo (One-way)
Flights to Sao Paulo
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.