SYD - NRT
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport (return)
Cons: It’s ridiculous that Cheaptickets (your contracted agent) did not answer the phone to change flights. And when they did answer the phone, charged extortionate change fees above and beyond Qantas fees even during the coronavirus pandemic.
Pros: Not confortable at all! I was in the middle seat in the center of the plane and hD to get up every time people had to use the restroom. I could not sleep at all in the 14 hour flight - not to mention after a 6 hour delay - with poor communication on what the delays were all about. 4 different times the flight was delayed with no explanation. I liked nothing about this overpriced, under served flight.
Cons: 6 hours delayed in Sydney and nobody was telling us what was going on. I got sick while waiting, and was in a lot of pain all the way home. Also i had to pay $304 change fee to change my flight to Sydney to SFO from the original Melbourne to LAX To SFO thinking since I was coming home from Sydney I could change to a direct flight to SFO and get home early, but it took about 6 hours later because of the delay and I lost $304 in change fees even though I booked the fight via reward mileage and gave up 80,000 miles for this flight, and on top of that, when I changed the Sydney to SFO flight the system would not let me change my seat and I was booked in the middle of the plane in the middle in a 4 person row with 3 seats on the right and 3 on the left. I always fly in the window seat to help me sleep easier and not have to get up every time someone had to use the restroom. This was a 14 hour flight and I got no sleep at all and the 6 hour delay killed me. This was an awful experience and I don’t believe the $304 charge was worth it considering I paid 80,000 miles + taxes. I am complaining to executive management all the way to the top about this terrible expensive poor experience.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
When to book flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $571 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport was found, on average, 51 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- Morning departure is around 130% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
*Average of the lowest prices shown in KAYAK’s search results for departures within the next 30 days
- While the majority of flights from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) to Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) are not direct, Japan Airlines runs a direct service between Sydney and Tokyo on certain days of the week. For travellers looking for the quickest journey time of approximately 10h, we recommend flying this service.
- Alternatively, travellers looking to find cheaper flights should look at China Eastern, China Airlines, and Jetstar. While journey times can be several hours longer, these airlines provide a variety of flights for travellers travelling on a budget.
- For business travellers, we recommend flying with China Airlines for their Wi-Fi capabilities on board select flights as well as their business class services and lounge available at Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT).
- Make sure to allow yourself enough time when travelling through Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) to enjoy their onsite art gallery in Terminal 1 and Japanese Culture Exhibition in Terminal 1 and 2. Make sure to check out the airport’s website to see what seasonal events they have going on.
- For travellers looking to leave Tokyo early or for those who are arriving late, the Capsule Hotel onsite at Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) is our recommendation. With a 24h reception and check-in, the hotel is perfect for anyone needing to rest pre or post flight.
- While no hotels are available onsite at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD), there are a variety of hotels close by. For its location as well as its rooftop bar and Blackwattle Grill restaurant, we recommend staying at the Rydges Airport Hotel, just across from the International Terminal and Departures Gate if you want to ensure a quick journey to and from the airport.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport flights
Sydney - Tokyo Narita Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.