SYD - NRT
Find cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (19% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (26% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$665||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $793 or less.
- The cheapest flight from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport was found, on average, 78 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is May.
- Morning departure is around 43% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*.
- While the majority of flights from Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) to Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) are not direct, Japan Airlines runs a direct service between Sydney and Tokyo on certain days of the week. For travellers looking for the quickest journey time of approximately 10h, we recommend flying this service.
- Alternatively, travellers looking to find cheaper flights should look at China Eastern, China Airlines, and Jetstar. While journey times can be several hours longer, these airlines provide a variety of flights for travellers travelling on a budget.
- For business travellers, we recommend flying with China Airlines for their Wi-Fi capabilities on board select flights as well as their business class services and lounge available at Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT).
- Make sure to allow yourself enough time when travelling through Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) to enjoy their onsite art gallery in Terminal 1 and Japanese Culture Exhibition in Terminal 1 and 2. Make sure to check out the airport’s website to see what seasonal events they have going on.
- For travellers looking to leave Tokyo early or for those who are arriving late, the Capsule Hotel onsite at Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) is our recommendation. With a 24h reception and check-in, the hotel is perfect for anyone needing to rest pre or post flight.
- While no hotels are available onsite at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD), there are a variety of hotels close by. For its location as well as its rooftop bar and Blackwattle Grill restaurant, we recommend staying at the Rydges Airport Hotel, just across from the International Terminal and Departures Gate if you want to ensure a quick journey to and from the airport.
FAQs for booking Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport flights
How long does a flight from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport take?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport?
What is the best way to get to Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT)?
What is the best way to get to Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)?
Is Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) a hub for specific airlines?
What facilities does Tokyo Narita International Airport (NRT) offer families travelling with young children?
What facilities does Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) offer families travelling with young children?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving Sydney Kingsford Smith to Tokyo Narita
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport (return)
Book cheap flights from Sydney to Tokyo Narita Airport (one-way)
Sydney - Tokyo Narita Airport Flights
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.