Find cheap flights to Beijing Capital Airport
Book Cheap Flights to Beijing Capital Airport(Return)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Beijing Capital Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to Beijing Capital Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to Beijing Capital Airport for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $470
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Beijing Capital Airport is May.
- There are two main airports that you can fly into in Beijing. The city’s major airport is the Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK), north of downtown Beijing. The Beijing Daxing Airport (PKX) is a little closer to the city.
- If you’re hoping to fly into Beijing on a budget, there are several low-cost airlines which fly from Australia. Scoot and AirAsia X are good options, or you can look for stopover flights with airlines such as China United Airlines or Tigerair.
- The Beijing Capital Airport (PEK) is large, with three main terminals. Terminal 3 is further divided into concourses, T3C, T3D, and T3E. You can connect to these terminals by using the complimentary shuttle bus.
- If you’d like to charge your phone after your flight to Beijing, you can find mobile charging at the Beijing Capital Airport, in the Business Centres located throughout the airport including in Terminal 3, near the check-in area. In the modern Daxing Airport (PKX), mobile charging can be found in the rest areas.
- To help you freshen up after your long flight, you can find dressing rooms in the Luggage Claim Lobby of the Beijing Capital Airport, equipped with facilities to help you change clothes a little easier including more space than the bathrooms, additional mirrors, tables, and chairs.
- If you have somewhere else to be after your flight to Beijing, you can arrange for your luggage to be sent directly from the Daxing Airport to your hotel inside the Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei district. This service is available at the luggage counter in the Arrivals Area.
FAQs - booking Beijing Capital Airport flights
How long is the flight to Beijing Capital Airport?
What is the cheapest flight to Beijing Capital Airport?
The cheapest airline ticket to Beijing Capital Airport from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,711 return on the route Sydney to Beijing Capital Airport. The most popular route is Sydney to Beijing Capital Airport and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,711 return.
Which airlines fly to Beijing Capital Airport?
In general from Australia, SAS, Air New Zealand and Air China fly the most to Beijing Capital Airport. The most popular route is from Sydney, and SAS, Air New Zealand & Air China fly this route the most.
How far is Beijing Capital Airport airport from central Beijing?
Beijing Capital Airport is 25 kilometres from the centre of Beijing. View on map.
Are there any storage facilities at the Beijing Airport (PEK)?
If you need to drop off your luggage while you explore Beijing, you can find Luggage Storage Facilities and Lockers in a few locations at the Beijing Capital Airport. Those arriving in Terminal 3 can find them at the T3C Arrival Hall down the west side. There are also lockers at the Terminal 2 Arrivals Hall and down the corridor between Terminals 1 and 2. The lockers are open 24h.
How do I get from the Beijing Airport (PEK) to downtown Beijing?
The fastest way to get to downtown Beijing from the Beijing Capital Airport is by the Airport Express Line. This line takes about 15–20min from one of the train stations at either Terminal 2 or Terminal 3. This train will take you to one of the main subway stations where you can connect to the inner-city train system—either Sanyuanqiao or Dongzhimen.
How do I get to the Great Wall of China from Beijing Airport (PEK)?
If you have come to Beijing to visit China’s most famous attraction, the Great Wall, you can find preserved parts of the wall in suburban Beijing. These are about 1h from the airport to the north of Beijing. You have several options to get from the airport to the Great Wall. For example, Train No. S2 travels to the Badaling Great Wall. Or the public bus system can connect you, however, there are no direct routes.
Do I need a visa to visit Beijing?
Holders of Australia passports will need to apply for a visa before their flight to Beijing. To account for processing times, it is recommended to apply at least one month before your trip. Make sure you have your itinerary finalised as you will need to provide a copy of it including addresses of accommodation and a letter of invitation from the person you’re staying with or the travel agency you are travelling with.
Is there anywhere I can grab something to eat at the Beijing Airport?
There are plenty of dining options available at the Beijing Capital Airport, depending on what you’re looking for. International arrivals to Terminal 3 can find American chains Starbucks and McDonald’s on the second floor of the Arrivals Hall, or you could take the elevator up to the top floor Dining Island for a range of cuisine options. The Terminal 2 Arrivals Hall has Pizza Hut or KFC, or there’s UBC Coffee in Terminal 1.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to Beijing Capital Airport
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.