Find cheap flights to Boston
Book Cheap Flights to Boston(Return)
Pros: Not confortable at all! I was in the middle seat in the center of the plane and hD to get up every time people had to use the restroom. I could not sleep at all in the 14 hour flight - not to mention after a 6 hour delay - with poor communication on what the delays were all about. 4 different times the flight was delayed with no explanation. I liked nothing about this overpriced, under served flight.
Cons: 6 hours delayed in Sydney and nobody was telling us what was going on. I got sick while waiting, and was in a lot of pain all the way home. Also i had to pay $304 change fee to change my flight to Sydney to SFO from the original Melbourne to LAX To SFO thinking since I was coming home from Sydney I could change to a direct flight to SFO and get home early, but it took about 6 hours later because of the delay and I lost $304 in change fees even though I booked the fight via reward mileage and gave up 80,000 miles for this flight, and on top of that, when I changed the Sydney to SFO flight the system would not let me change my seat and I was booked in the middle of the plane in the middle in a 4 person row with 3 seats on the right and 3 on the left. I always fly in the window seat to help me sleep easier and not have to get up every time someone had to use the restroom. This was a 14 hour flight and I got no sleep at all and the 6 hour delay killed me. This was an awful experience and I don’t believe the $304 charge was worth it considering I paid 80,000 miles + taxes. I am complaining to executive management all the way to the top about this terrible expensive poor experience.
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Boston
- Looking for cheap airfare to Boston? 25% of our users found return tickets to Boston for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,178, from Perth $1,435, from Melbourne $1,826
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and March. The cheapest month to fly to Boston is February.
- The Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is located approximately 6 km from Boston’s city centre, across the Main Channel in East Boston, very close and accessible to downtown Boston and the central tourism area.
- For those looking for additional information about the airport or attached hotels, you can find the Public Services Information Booth located near the Baggage Claim in all Terminals’ Arrivals Areas.
- While you will not find direct flights to Boston, there are many options that only require a single stop over. Popular stop over locations include Los Angeles Airport (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO).
- If you're looking for a budget friendly flight, American Airlines offer good prices and also have the most regular flights into Boston Airport. Alternatively, the highly rated Hawaiian Airlines is not only one of the most affordable, but also one of the most reliable airlines in the country.
- If you're intending to walk the Freedom Trail, it starts in Boston Common which is located 10min by car from the Boston Airport. Or you can take the Blue Line train from the Airport Station to State Station.
- Those catching a game at Fenway Park can get there from the airport within 45min by taking the Back Bay bus run by Logan Express from outside the terminal to Hynes Convention Center. From there it's a 15min walk to the stadium.
FAQs - booking Boston flights
How long is the flight to Boston?
What is the cheapest flight to Boston?
The cheapest airline ticket to Boston from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,181 return on the route Brisbane to Boston. The most popular route is Sydney to Boston and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,276 return.
How far is Boston airport from central Boston?
Boston Airport is 4 kilometres from the centre of Boston. View on map.
What is the name of Boston’s airport?
Boston is served by Boston Logan Intl Airport, also commonly referred to as Boston Logan, General Edward Lawrence Logan Intl, Logan Intl, or simply Boston Airport. The airport code is BOS.
How do I get around the Boston Airport?
The Boston Airport is large with four terminals (A, B, C and E), all of which are connected by a regular, free-to-use shuttle. There are six different shuttle routes available that can take you throughout the airport, including to the car parks or the Rental Car Center. For example, the MBTA Blue Line can take you out to the Airport Station. If you’d rather walk, there are also well-signposted, connected walkways.
Are there any on onsite hotels at the Boston Airport?
Late fliers who do not wish to travel far to a hotel can stay at one of two hotels found on the Boston Airport campus. The Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor and Hilton Boston Logan Airport both offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the airline terminals, subway stations, or water taxis. The Hilton is the closest, connected to the terminals via a sky bridge; the Hyatt Boston offers amenities such as a fitness centre and deluxe guest rooms.
Are there rental car services at the Boston Airport?
Rental car companies are based in the Rental Car Center, located in a separate building from the main terminals, approximately 5min away from the airport near the East Boston Memorial Park. You can get to the Rental Car Center by taking one of the complimentary shuttle buses on route 22, 33, and 55. Companies with a presence at the airport include Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Thrifty, and Budget.
How do I get from Boston Airport into the city?
You can travel to Boston from the airport by land or by sea. The Logan Express is a nonstop bus service that offers affordable travel into the city. The service takes about 45min to reach downtown. Terminal E is also connected to the Amtrak Stations; you can take the Silver Line (SL1) from the Arrivals Level to the South Station Train Terminal. For a picturesque trip of the harbour, you can take one of the many water taxi services from the Logan Airport Boat Dock to Long Wharf and beyond.
Which Airlines fly from Australia to Boston?
Several different airlines offer services from Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney all the way to Boston, such as Virgin Australia, Delta, United Airlines, and American Airlines. However, there are no direct flights to Boston International Airport. Common stopovers include San Francisco, Dallas, Houston, or Los Angeles Airport. While a longer trip, affordable airline Air Canada also offers some more budget-friendly fares.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to Boston
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.