Find cheap flights to United States
Book cheap flights to United States(Return)
Pros: Liked that I was heading to Fiji for some nice vacation
Cons: A lot could have been better, the crew and captain didn’t know the immigration procedures for the United States, both flights late. Then also entertainment was quite lacking on a 7 hour international flight.
Latest United States Flight Deals
Top tips for finding cheap flights to United States
- Looking for cheap airfare to United States? 25% of our users found return tickets to United States for the following prices or less: From Adelaide $1,155, from Cairns $1,342, from Hobart $1,534
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to United States is February.
- If you are planning to travel to the Northwestern region of the United States, it is best to book flights to either Portland International Airport (PDX) or Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), as both of these are large travel hubs and service flights to most major cities in the country.
- Certain states have strict laws regarding what agricultural products can be transported across their borders, so make sure that you know the regulations before you fly to the United States. For example, both Hawaii and Oregon do not allow fresh fruit to be brought into their territories by travellers.
- As flights from Australia to the United States are long, many of them require travellers to have a stopover, with some common options being major Australian travel hubs, like Sydney, Brisbane, or Melbourne, as well as countries such as Singapore.
- For those that will be going to Southwestern states, like Arizona and New Mexico, Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ) and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) are two of the most convenient destination choices.
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) is one of the most popular airports in the Midwest region of the United States, as it provides travellers with easy access to the states of Illinois and Indiana.
FAQs - booking United States flights
How long is the flight to United States?
The average direct flight from Australia to United States takes 23h 45m, covering a distance of 13154 km. The most popular route is Melbourne - Los Angeles with an average flight time of 14h 15m.
What is the cheapest flight to United States?
The cheapest ticket to United States from Australia found in the last 72 hours was $617. The most popular route is Melbourne to Los Angeles and the cheapest airline ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $731.
Which airlines fly to United States?
Qantas Airways, Alaska Airlines & American Airlines fly the most frequently from Australia to United States. The most popular route is Melbourne to Los Angeles, and Alaska Airlines, Qantas Airways and American Airlines fly this route the most.
What are the most popular destinations in United States?
Based on KAYAK flight searches, the most popular destination is Los Angeles (23% of total searches to United States). The next most popular destinations are New York (13%) and San Francisco (6%). Searches for flights to Honolulu (5%), Seattle (3%) and Phoenix (3%) are also popular.
Which airport should I arrive at if I am planning to visit the Grand Canyon?
When travelling to the Grand Canyon, the most convenient airport for you to fly into is Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG), which is just a 1h 30min drive from the landmark. Otherwise, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is the second closest, and you will be able to reach the canyon in just a 3h 30min drive.
What is the best way to travel to the Northeastern region of the United States?
If you are hoping to visit the Northeastern region of the United States, such as Maine, Connecticut, New Hampshire, or Delaware, some of the most convenient airports for you to land at are Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and Bradley International Airport (BDL).
Which airports are closest to Niagara Falls?
When visiting Niagara Falls, there are two primary airports for travellers to choose from, which are Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG) and John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (YHM). While Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG) is located in the United States and is just over 6 km away from the scenic landmark, John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (YHM) can be found in Canada and is 80 km away from the falls.
I am planning on visiting Sequoia National Park. How should I travel there?
There are two airports which are within reasonable driving distance of Sequoia National Park: Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) and Visalia Municipal Airport (VIS). When flying from Australia, you will find that it is generally easiest to book a flight that has a stopover in either Phoenix or Los Angeles and that brings you to the final destination of Fresno. Once you have landed, it is quickest to reach the park by car, which takes approximately 1h 30min to 2h depending on traffic.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to United States
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.