Find cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,294||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Looking for cheap airfare to Fort Lauderdale? 25% of our users found return tickets to Fort Lauderdale for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,312, from Melbourne $1,327, from Adelaide $1,757
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Fort Lauderdale is March.
- Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is an international airport in Broward County, Florida, in the United States. It is one of three airports serving the Miami metropolitan region.
- The airport is situated about 5 km southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale and 34 km north of Miami. It serves as a hub for Silver Airways, Spirit Airlines, IBC Airways, Tropic Ocean Airways, and JetBlue Airways.
- The airport has a convenient location near the Port Everglades cruise terminals and is a popular destination for tourists visiting the Caribbean.
- The busiest routes are domestic and international destinations, including Atlanta, Newark, New York, Baltimore, Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, and Nassau. Australians visiting Fort Lauderdale can find one-stop flights from all major cities including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth.
- Fort Lauderdale Airport serves as the primary airport for Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Boca Raton areas. A second airport, Miami International Airport (MIA) is responsible for more long-haul flights.
- The airport is open 24h, and overnight sleepers are permitted to find rest inside but are restricted to the pre-security waiting areas.
- Australian citizens travelling to Fort Lauderdale can apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation visa waiver to travel to the United States. This allows passengers to travel for up to 90 days without a visa.
FAQs - booking Fort Lauderdale flights
What is the cheapest flight to Fort Lauderdale?
How far is Fort Lauderdale airport from central Fort Lauderdale?
What is the name of Fort Lauderdale’s airport?
What bus can I take to Fort Lauderdale?
What about the train?
How do I get from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami?
Are there any VIP lounges at FLL?
What hotels are near the airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Fort Lauderdale?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Fort Lauderdale?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Fort Lauderdale?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Fort Lauderdale?
Top 5 airlines flying to Fort Lauderdale
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Fort Lauderdale
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Look for other cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.