Find cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
Book Cheap Flights to Fort Lauderdale(Return)
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Looking for cheap airfare to Fort Lauderdale? 25% of our users found return tickets to Fort Lauderdale for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $665
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Fort Lauderdale is February.
- Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is an international airport in Broward County, Florida, in the United States. It is one of three airports serving the Miami metropolitan region.
- The airport is situated about 5 km southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale and 34 km north of Miami. It serves as a hub for Silver Airways, Spirit Airlines, IBC Airways, Tropic Ocean Airways, and JetBlue Airways.
- The airport has a convenient location near the Port Everglades cruise terminals and is a popular destination for tourists visiting the Caribbean.
- The busiest routes are domestic and international destinations, including Atlanta, Newark, New York, Baltimore, Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, and Nassau. Australians visiting Fort Lauderdale can find one-stop flights from all major cities including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth.
- Fort Lauderdale Airport serves as the primary airport for Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Boca Raton areas. A second airport, Miami International Airport (MIA) is responsible for more long-haul flights.
- The airport is open 24h, and overnight sleepers are permitted to find rest inside but are restricted to the pre-security waiting areas.
- Australian citizens travelling to Fort Lauderdale can apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation visa waiver to travel to the United States. This allows passengers to travel for up to 90 days without a visa.
FAQs - booking Fort Lauderdale flights
How long is the flight to Fort Lauderdale?
How far is Fort Lauderdale airport from central Fort Lauderdale?
Fort Lauderdale Airport is 5 kilometres from the centre of Fort Lauderdale. View on map.
What is the name of Fort Lauderdale’s airport?
Fort Lauderdale is served by Fort Lauderdale Airport, also commonly referred to as Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale Intl, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood Intl. The airport code is FLL.
What bus can I take to Fort Lauderdale?
At Fort Lauderdale Airport, passengers have access to the Broward County Transit buses. Route no. 1 transports travellers from the airport to Broward Central Terminal. The bus stop is at the car hire Centre, stop no. 7. Travel time varies but a direct trip will take about 10min, and the bus fare is about $ 2.25 (A$ 3.30) per person.
What about the train?
Passengers can also make use of a Tri-Rail commuter train service, which serves Fort Lauderdale and some surrounding destinations like Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach County. To reach the Tri-Rail station, passengers need to take a shuttle bus that departs from each of the terminals. For those transferring downtown, the fare is about $ 3.75 (A$ 5.50) for a one-way journey. Travel time is about 10min.
How do I get from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami?
Passengers can travel by taxi, shuttle bus, train, or ride share service to reach Miami Beach. The cheapest route from FLL Airport is to take the airport shuttle to the Tri-Rail, which can take you to MIA Airport, and from there take the express bus to Miami Beach. Travel time to the Port of Miami is about 45min without traffic, but it is advised to allow up to 2h to reach your destination. Alternatively, you can also take a direct shuttle van from FLL to Miami Beach for about $ 25 (A$ 37), with a journey time of about 30–60min.
Are there any VIP lounges at FLL?
Fort Lauderdale Airport offers passenger’s access to the Delta Sky Club and United Club. First and Business Class passengers are granted access, while economy class passengers can choose to pay at the door for a single entry. The door rate costs about $ 60 (A$ 87).
What hotels are near the airport?
For comfort and privacy, there are several hotels located near FLL Airport, accessible by free shuttle bus service: Crowne Plaza (8min from the airport); Comfort Suites (8min from the airport); Holiday Inn Express & Suites (10min from the airport); and Super 8 Dania (13min from the airport).
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Look for other cheap flights to Fort Lauderdale
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.