Find cheap flights to Chicago
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (13% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$1,119||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Chicago
- Looking for cheap airfare to Chicago? 25% of our users found return tickets to Chicago for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $1,193, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,237, from Brisbane $1,238
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Chicago is May.
- When booking flights to Chicago, you might notice that the Chicago area is served by more than one airport. The main airports are Chicago O’Hare International Airport, which is also the biggest and the busiest, and Midway International Airport, which is smaller but closer to central Chicago. Chicago Rockford International Airport, in the northern part of Illinois, is the furthest away from Chicago and mostly functions as a cargo airport.
- Those who want to stretch and get rid of any stress after a long flight to Chicago have yoga rooms at their disposal at both Chicago O’Hare International and Chicago Midway airports. People who prefer something more active while at Chicago O’Hare International Airport can access the Hilton Athletic Club for a fee and make use of the gym or swimming pool.
- Art enthusiasts will surely appreciate Chicago O’Hare International Airport’s art exhibitions, with artworks including sculptures and paintings displayed around the airport. Make sure to see the neon tunnel called ‘The Sky is the Limit’, which is the airport’s highlight piece.
- For a fast trip from Chicago O’Hare International Airport to the city centre you can take the CTA Blue Line Train, operating 24 hours a day. Those who have a lot of luggage can choose the Go Airport Express shuttle, which will drop them off in front of their hotel.
- If you have to charge the battery on your phone after your flight to Chicago, Midway Airport boasts ‘Get Plugged In’ charging points located around the airport. The stations include a comfortable seat where you can rest while bringing your phone back to life.
FAQs - booking Chicago flights
How long is the flight to Chicago?
What is the cheapest flight to Chicago?
Which Chicago airport is closest to central Chicago?
Does Chicago O’Hare International Airport provide facilities for families?
Are there hotels near Chicago O’Hare International Airport?
Does Chicago Midway Airport offer free Wi-Fi?
How do I get to the city centre from Chicago Midway International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Chicago
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Chicago (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to Chicago (One-way)
Flights to Chicago
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.