Find cheap flights to Chicago O'Hare Airport
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Chicago O'Hare Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to Chicago O'Hare Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to Chicago O'Hare Airport for the following prices or less: From Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,041, from Melbourne $1,390
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Chicago O'Hare Airport is February.
- When booking your flights to Chicago, you can fly into one of their two international airports. The largest is the Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), and there is also the nearby Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW).
- Although there are no direct flights to Chicago from Australia, some services offer flights with a single stopover. Favoured stopover locations include Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Vancouver.
- The O’Hare Airport is large—made up of four terminals, and further split into 9 concourses. To help you get around the airport, the Inter-Terminal Train (or Airport Transit System) can take you to the terminals, parking lots, bus stops, and the drop off point.
- If you need to charge your phone after your flight to Chicago, you can find "Get Plugged In" power stations and seats with charging docks in the Arrivals Area of the Midway Airport.
- Those travelling with children can find the larger, unisex bathrooms/family restrooms in the Baggage Claim area of Terminals 1, 2, and 3 and near the security checkpoint of Terminal 5 of the O’Hare Airport. These bathrooms are equipped with changing tables.
- If you’d like to unwind after a long flight to Chicago, you can make the most of the O’Hare Hilton Health Club, located at the Hilton Hotel across from Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Their facilities include steam rooms, saunas, a gym, and a lap pool.
FAQs - booking Chicago O'Hare Airport flights
How long is the flight to Chicago O'Hare Airport?
What is the cheapest flight to Chicago O'Hare Airport?
The cheapest airline ticket to Chicago O'Hare Airport from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,269 return on the route Melbourne to Chicago O'Hare Airport. The most popular route is Melbourne to Chicago O'Hare Airport and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $3,062 return.
How far is Chicago O'Hare Airport airport from central Chicago?
Chicago O'Hare Airport is 26 kilometres from the centre of Chicago. View on map.
How do I get from the Chicago O'Hare Airport to the city?
The Chicago Transport Authority Blue Line runs from the Chicago O’Hare Airport to the Forest Park Station 24h daily. You can find the Airport Train Station on Terminal 2’s Lower Level, which can be reached by foot or the Airport Transit System. For those on a budget, the bus systems are also a good option, with numerous services from the airport into Chicago city and suburbs.
Are there any car hire services available at the Chicago O'Hare Airport?
There are several different car hire services with a presence at the O’Hare Airport. Many have registration counters in the Arrivals Area of all the terminals. For example, you can find major companies such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, National, Sixt, and Enterprise. The car pick ups are further from the terminal, however, each agency offers their own shuttle services from designated points outside the Arrivals Area.
Is there anywhere I can pick up some of the local currency at the Chicago O'Hare Airport?
The Seaway National Bank has branches throughout the airport, available for both your banking and currency exchange needs. They also can assist you with last-minute faxing and photocopying. Landside locations include the Main Hall of Terminal 2 and the Ticketing Level at Terminal 5. ATMs are also available 24h daily in the Arrivals Area of all terminals where you can withdraw American dollars directly.
Are there any onsite hotels at the Chicago O'Hare Airport?
The Hilton Chicago O’Hare Airport is the airport’s only onsite hotel, located across from Domestic Terminals 1, 2, and 3. It is a short walk to the hotel from the domestic terminal or you can catch the Airport Transit System. Also, next to the airport and offering shuttles to and from your terminal are the Sheraton Suites, The Rose Hotel, The Holiday Inn & Suites, and the Four Points by Sheraton. If your flight is late and you need to stay close by, you have plenty of options to choose from.
Is there anywhere I can get something to eat at the Chicago O'Hare Airport?
For those just looking for a quick snack to keep them going, you can find the high-end Farmer’s Fridge vending machines in Terminals 3 and 5. These machines also take plastic. For coffee and something sweet, Starbucks has locations in the Baggage Claim areas of Terminals 1, 2, and 3. If you want something more substantial, there is a McDonald’s in Terminal 5’s Baggage Claim area.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Flights to Chicago O'Hare Airport(Return)
Look for other cheap flights to Chicago O'Hare Airport
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.