Find cheap flights to San Francisco
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (6% less expensive on average)|
|January||Most popular time to fly (18% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$899||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to San Francisco
- Looking for cheap airfare to San Francisco? 25% of our users found return tickets to San Francisco for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $982, from Melbourne $986, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,034
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is February.
- SamTrans is a 24-hour bus service which links San Francisco Airport to parts of San Francisco city. The routes that stop directly at the airport terminals are routes SFO, ECR, 292, 397 and 398. Buses leave from Terminals 2 and 3 outside Arrivals, and from the International Terminal at Level 1.
- If you’re traveling with kids, you will find nurseries available in Terminals 1, 2 and 3, as well as children’s play areas (Kids’ Spots) in Terminals 2 and 3. If you need items for infants such as diapers, medicine and formula, you can find them at one of the various News shops around the airport. In addition, many restaurants have kids’ menus available.
- Should you need to put your bags in storage after your flight to San Francisco, please note that luggage storage is available at the Airport Travel Agency in the International Terminal. You can also store sports equipment, dog kennels, canoes and bicycles. They are open from 6am to 11pm every day, with prices varying according to the size of your item and the length of time you wish to store it for.
- An Airport Butler service is available to passengers: a customized concierge service whereby a member of airport staff assists passengers departing or arriving on flights to San Francisco, or possibly connecting to another flight. You can make a reservation for this service online; it is available in different languages.
- If you have a bit of time before your flight, head to the Aviation Museum & Library located in the International Terminal for an insight into the world of commercial aviation. The museum is open from 10:30am to 4:30pm every day. Additionally, there are 40 art exhibitions spread throughout the airport terminals, which include paintings, installations, photography and video arts.
FAQs - booking San Francisco flights
How long is the flight to San Francisco?
What is the cheapest flight to San Francisco?
Which airlines fly to San Francisco?
How far is San Francisco airport from central San Francisco?
What is the name of San Francisco’s airport?
Is a train service available to and from San Francisco Airport?
How much is a taxi fare from San Francisco Airport to downtown San Francisco?
Is there an on-site airport hotel at San Francisco Airport?
Which lounge can I go to at San Francisco Airport if I’m flying economy?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to San Francisco
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to San Francisco (Return)
Book Cheap Flights to San Francisco (One-way)
Look for other cheap flights to San Francisco
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.