Find cheap flights to Washington
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Washington
- Looking for cheap airfare to Washington? 25% of our users found return tickets to Washington for the following prices or less: From Brisbane $1,516, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,602, from Melbourne $1,606
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and March. The cheapest month to fly to Washington is March.
- While there are no direct flights to Washington from Australia, there are routes with only one stopover if flying with United Airlines or Air China. All of these land at Washington Dulles Intl Airport, which is the city’s main international airport. While Washington Reagan-National Airport is closer to the city centre, you will have two or more stopovers if you choose to fly there.
- If you are travelling with children, Washington Dulles Intl Airport has nursing rooms in multiple locations throughout the main terminal; if you wish to access one of them you will need to visit the Information Desk to get the code. You will also find an interactive game area for kids next to Gate B70 – called ‘The Funway’, it includes plane-themed elements.
- If you’re looking for a way to pass the time at Washington Reagan-National Airport, you can admire the artworks displayed throughout the terminals thanks to the airport’s DCA Art Program. Alternatively, you can learn about the airport’s history at the Exhibit Hall in Terminal A. If you prefer watching planes take off and land, there are observation decks in all terminals.
- For some quiet time at Washington Dulles Intl Airport, head to one of the multiple airport lounges. Those accessible using a pre-paid pass are the Air France-KLM Lounge on Concourse A, as well as the Turkish Airlines Lounge and Lufthansa Business Lounge, both located on Concourse B. All lounges offer beverages, newspapers and televisions, and have showers available for guests.
- After a long flight to Washington Dulles Intl Airport you can head to Be Relax spa, located next to Gate A32 on Concourse B, for a massage, a facial or one of the nail treatments on offer. The spa is open from 7am to 9pm daily. For a relaxing massage at Washington Reagan-National Airport, head to XpresSpa, which is open from 7am to 8pm.
Book Cheap Flights to Washington(Return)
Pros: Our plane was delayed on the tarmac in Melbourne and we then missed our connecting flight to Mildura. Virgin could not organize another flight for us so we had to hire a car to drive to Mildura. We then had to cancel our flights Mildura to Melbourne Melbourne to Brisbane because we had to return the hire car to Melbourne. I had to book new flight from Melbourne to Brisbane and was told on Thursday when I cancelled our flights for Sunday that we could not get a refund. Unhappy about the entire experience. We were going to a funeral on Friday and to see my Mother on Saturday who is dying of cancer. We had to cut our stay with my mother short so we could drive 6 hours back to Melbourne to catch our plane on Sunday.
Look for other cheap flights to Washington
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.