Find cheap flights to Honolulu
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (13% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|$736||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Honolulu
- Looking for cheap airfare to Honolulu? 25% of our users found return tickets to Honolulu for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $626, from Brisbane $706, from Canberra $1,142
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Honolulu is February.
- When you book your flight to Honolulu, it is important to understand that there are five major airports spread out across the Hawaiian islands, and other smaller airports that will allow you to hop between them. The airport in Honolulu is the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, the largest airport in Hawaii and a good place from which to explore the entire state.
- It has been a tradition since the 1940s to welcome people to Honolulu with a lei. These floral necklaces are made with fresh plumeria, orchids, pikaka or carnations. You can purchase leis at the airport stands in Terminals 1 and 2, or you can arrange a special welcome with the Greeters of Hawaii.
- To help you get around Honolulu International Airport there is a free shuttle bus to take you between the two terminals. If you’re looking for some fresh air, you can follow the signs and walk the 10-15 minutes between each terminal.
- Getting to and from the airport to your accommodation is doable by plane, boat or one of the ground transportation options, which include car, hotel shuttle bus or ‘The Bus’, Oahu island’s transport system linking the major tourist attractions. Honolulu International Airport is only a ten-minute drive from the city centre and easily accessible by rental car or by going to one of the many convenient taxi ranks located outside the airport.
- If you are a member of an airline rewards programme, you might find there is a quiet airline passenger lounge for you at Honolulu International Airport. You can find Air New Zealand’s lounge above Gate G3, or the Qantas lounge above Gate C1.
FAQs - booking Honolulu flights
How long is the flight to Honolulu?
What is the cheapest flight to Honolulu?
How far is Honolulu airport from central Honolulu?
What is the name of Honolulu’s airport?
Are there any special regulations I need to know about when flying into Honolulu International Airport?
Where can I rent a car at Honolulu International Airport?
What is there to do at Honolulu International Airport?
Are there any business services at Honolulu International Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Honolulu?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Honolulu?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Honolulu?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Honolulu?
Top 5 airlines flying to Honolulu
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Flights to Honolulu
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Look for other cheap flights to Honolulu
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.