Find cheap flights to New York John F Kennedy Airport
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New York John F Kennedy Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to New York John F Kennedy Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to New York John F Kennedy Airport for the following prices or less: From Adelaide $1,262, from Melbourne $1,342, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $1,582
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to New York John F Kennedy Airport is March.
- When you are booking your flights to New York, you have a few airports which you can fly into. The two main airports in New York are John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) or LaGuardia International Airport (LGA).
- Due to New York’s proximity to Newark, the Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is also an option for you to fly to, located only 30min from Manhattan, New York City. Other options within a 2h drive include Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and Atlantic City Airport (ACY).
- Those who require some help through the airport can find customer representatives roaming the arrivals areas at JFK Airport, recognisable by their bright red shirts. They can even help you find a wheelchair if necessary.
- Rental cars can be found at JFK Airport, but their premises are just off the terminals at the Federal Circle, near the cargo buildings. This is about a 30min walk or you can take an airport shuttle.
- If you need to purchase some American Dollars once you arrive in New York, you can do it at John F. Kennedy International Airport. You can find at least one ATM in both Arrivals and Departures.
- Mobile charging stations for all your battery depleted devices can be found at the Welcome Centers, which are at all Terminal Arrivals Areas at JFK Airport.
FAQs - booking New York John F Kennedy Airport flights
How long is the flight to New York John F Kennedy Airport?
What is the cheapest flight to New York John F Kennedy Airport?
The cheapest airline ticket to New York John F Kennedy Airport from Australia in the last 72 hours was $1,130 return on the route Sydney to New York John F Kennedy Airport. The most popular route is Sydney to New York John F Kennedy Airport and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $1,158 return.
How far is New York John F Kennedy Airport airport from central New York?
New York John F Kennedy Airport is 22 kilometres from the centre of New York. View on map.
How do I get around JFK Airport?
As the largest airport in the area, JFK is a major transit airport and can get quite busy. You can travel between its eight terminals, various train stations, car parks, and bus stops using the different AirTrain lines. Not only do these shuttle lines travel between the terminals, but you can reach the long-term parking lots at Lefferts Boulevard, the Jamaican Beach and Howard Beach train stations and bus stops, or the Federal Circle.
How do I get to downtown New York from the JFK Airport?
With JFK Airport located quite close to each other in Queens, it is well connected to downtown Manhattan. Various trains can connect you from the Jamaica Station outside JFK Airport to Pennsylvania station, including the Babylon, Long Beach, Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma lines.
Where can I find phone products and SIM cards at the JFK Airport?
At the JFK Airport, there are various vendors that sell local phone accessories such as American plugs for cell phones and other devices as well as local SIM Cards, or which offer phone hire. Provider AT&T can help you with phone plans at the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 4. SIMS on the Go in Terminal 7’s Arrivals Area have a range of different plans and cards from different providers, or if you’re just after a charger you can find Best Buy vending machines throughout the airport.
Is there anywhere I can get something to eat at the John F Kennedy Airport?
If you’re after a quick bite after a long flight to New York, you can find several options throughout the JFK Airport. Angelina’s Metro Market is in the Arrivals Area of Terminal 8 if you’re looking for something to grab and go. For a full sit-down meal, the Central Diner in Terminal 4 offers something more substantial. Or you can get a coffee and something sweet at Dunkin’ Donuts in Terminals 4, 5, 7, and 8.
How do I get to Long Island from the JFK Airport?
Long Island is a 1h drive from JFK Airport. If you’re looking for public transport, you can take the Port Jefferson line from Jamaica Station outside the JFK Airport to Smithtown Station. This will take you about 1h 15min and tickets cost about $ 10 (A$ 15). From Smithtown Station you can connect to buses that will take you further into Long Island. The AirTrain will take you from the terminal to the station.
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool uses historical data to determine whether the price for a given destination and date is likely to change within 7 days, so travellers know whether to wait or book now.
Book Cheap Flights to New York John F Kennedy Airport(Return)
Pros: They charged me so much for extra luggage even I prepaid online for extra luggage prior to getting to airport. Yet the ticket counter lady made me pay an additional fee and all together I ended paying more for extra bags fee than the ticket itself! both Virgin and JetStar are VERY stingy on extra luggage fees. I came from the US to Australia and traveled domestically while there with all the luggage that I brought from the US. So I had to pay so much in fees when my trip was already so expensive! It makes me reconsider wanting to travel again anywhere anytime soon, so discouraging! Also they make me take stuff out of my big suitcase and transfer to my carry on, in front of everyone at the ticket counter I had to open my suitcase and transfer some stuff so the weight is under a certain weight. Still they charged me for extra luggage. I came international on Qantas from USA to Australia, so all the domestic locations I went to I was charged
Look for other cheap flights to New York John F Kennedy Airport
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.