Find cheap flights to Shanghai Pudong Airport
Good to know
Best time to beat the crowds
expected price decrease
Most popular time to fly
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
or less (return)
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Shanghai Pudong Airport
- Looking for cheap airfare to Shanghai Pudong Airport? 25% of our users found return tickets to Shanghai Pudong Airport for the following prices or less: From Melbourne $721, from Brisbane $731, from Sydney Kingsford Smith $753
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Shanghai Pudong Airport is March.
- Travellers who do not want to waste any time on the journey from Australia to Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) can opt for the few direct flights offered by various airlines. When flying from Sydney, consider booking with Qantas Airways for a direct connection. China Eastern features direct flights to Shanghai from Melbourne as well as Brisbane.
- If you do not mind a stopover on the way to Shanghai, you can save some money by booking with budget airlines like Hainan Airlines and Philippine Airlines, which depart from Sydney.
- Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG) is about 45min by car from the bustling city centre, but it also serves many of the smaller surrounding islands. Shanghai Pudong is also your main airport for Changxing Island, Hengsha Island, and Zhoushan Island.
- The Arrivals Hall of Shanghai Pudong Airport is located on Level 1 of the airport and welcomes with various food and drink choices, as well as a tourist information centre where you can get information on your onward journey, guides, and hotel options. The Information Desk is opposite Gate 8.
- Shanghai Pudong Airport has car parks for each of their two terminals which are rated by the hour, though there are upper limits for a whole day. While 1h costs about ¥ 5 (A$ 1), the maximum rate per day at P4 lies at approximately ¥ 40 (A$ 8.30). At the other car park, the maximum is about ¥ 80 (A$ 17) for 24h and ¥ 120 (A$ 25) for 48h and beyond.
- There are various options for travellers to find rest in and near the airport. If you are in transit, you can simply book the hourly-rate hotel at Terminal 2, located airside on the 3rd floor of the Departures Hall for international flights. Otherwise, there is the Dazhong Airport Hotel Shanghai, situated between Terminal 1 and 2.
FAQs - booking Shanghai Pudong Airport flights
How long is the flight to Shanghai Pudong Airport?
What is the cheapest flight to Shanghai Pudong Airport?
The cheapest airline ticket to Shanghai Pudong Airport from Australia in the last 72 hours was $780 return on the route Sydney to Shanghai Pudong Airport. The most popular route is Melbourne to Shanghai Pudong Airport and the cheapest ticket found on this route in the last 72 hours was $843 return.
Which airlines fly to Shanghai Pudong Airport?
The most popular route is from Melbourne, and Air France, China Eastern & Qantas Airways fly this route the most.
How far is Shanghai Pudong Airport airport from central Shanghai?
Shanghai Pudong Airport is 30 kilometres from the centre of Shanghai. View on map.
What public transport options are available from Shanghai Pudong Airport to the centre?
The Maglev train services connect Shanghai Airport with the centre of Shanghai and are the quickest connection for arriving travellers. The service departs every 15min, takes about 25min into the centre, and costs approximately ¥ 50 (A$ 11) for a one-way ticket. A cheaper but slower option is the metro with a ticket fare of about ¥ 7–8 (A$ 1.50).
Does Shanghai Pudong Airport have anything to offer for children?
There is a children’s park on Terminal 2 where your little ones can stretch their legs and entertain themselves. It is situated near gate 81 and is open from 09:00 to 20:00.
Is Shanghai Pudong Airport open 24h?
As a major Chinese airport, Pudong Airport is open around the clock but most shops and eateries close around 22:00. However, there are some international chains like Burger King and Starbucks which stay open all night long if you arrive late and fancy a warm meal or coffee.
Are there any lounges at Shanghai Pudong Airport?
The airport offers a number of lounges that permit entrance by purchasing a pass. Located at Terminal 2 in International Departures, travellers can relax in the First Class Lounge No. 69. The lounge is close to Gate 69 and entry passes start at around ¥ 230 (A$ 48). Also on Terminal 2 is the China Easter Plaza Premium Lounge which gives entry from ¥ 370 (A$ 77).
Is Shanghai Pudong International Airport a hub for a specific airline?
As one of the two main international airports in Shanghai, the airport is an important international hub for Air China and the main base for China Eastern Airlines. It serves China Southern Airlines also as a secondary hub.
Book Cheap Flights to Shanghai Pudong Airport(Return)
Look for other cheap flights to Shanghai Pudong Airport
- Flights »
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.